Pivot® software from Portrait Displays, Inc. lets you rotate your computer display from landscape to portrait position, making documents, e-mail and web browsing easier to manage.
1. Supports multiple displays (Windows® 2000 and XP)
2. Dynamically switches from portrait to landscape, and back
3. Dynamically resizes windows and applications
4. Supports all rotating orientations: 90, 180, 270, and lands
5. Supports all rotating LCDs
6. Supports stationary LCDs with VESA-compliant rotating mounting kit
7. Pivot is resolution independent, supporting the highest resolution that the graphics card can output
8. Supports Windows® 9x, NT 4.0, ME, 2000, XP
9. Automatically adapts to the language version of the operating system (language support: English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Korean, and Chinese, traditional and simplified)
The design of the computer display was originally based on the landscape shape of the television. We're accustomed to viewing information on a display that is wider than it is tall. While the landscape orientation works for television viewing, it's not well suited for working with documents.
Since the advent of WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) technology, computer document handling has followed the portrait orientation of the 8.5" x 11" or A4 paper document standard. Over 70 percent of the documents computer users work with are in portrait orientation. Research has shown that over 60 percent of those users who set up their rotating computer displays in portrait orientation, keep it there.
For most computer users, the standard computer display contains a substantial amount of wasted space along the right-hand side of the display. Since only a few types of documents call for landscape orientation, the portrait view makes better use of the desktop space by allowing you to see and work with more of your document without constant scrolling.
Free WAV to MP3 Encoder Convert audio files from WAV format to MP3. This extremely streamlined tool includes fast batch conversion, drag-and-drop interface, sound quality (bit rate) control, and improved stability with error protection.
Add-Remove Pro displays the entries in the Add/Remove Programs list of Windows, checks if they are valid, and uninstalls the selected program or removes the entry from the list. Freeware.
ClickFix for Cool Edit A super-fast plug-in for Syntrillium's Cool Edit 2000 and Cool Edit Pro that removes clicks and pops from audio signals.
Burn4Free DVD Burning software Free dvd burning software, Burn audio from MP3, WMA,FLAC, OGG., Easy to use, Copy DVD, copy BLU RAY, Overburning, Print Compilation, Supports CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/DVD-RAM BD-R BD-RE (SCSI-IDE/EIDE-USB), Multi languages, ISO support
KaZaA Winamp Plug-in KaZaA Winamp Plug-in is just what it sounds like - a plug-in for the MP3 player Winamp. You can easily find music on the KaZaA peer-to-peer community and play it directly in Winamp.